Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's A Wednedsay Kind Of Day

I apologize for the delay in blogging. Monday, I had a doctor's appointment, and I had to go all the way out north to see him since he moved from downtown. It took two trains and a bus (I parked the car at the train station and hopped on a train going downtown)to get to the office, but it's definitely worth the trip. He's been one of my primary doctors since 1998, and I will keep seeing him till he retires!

I arrived downtown at 1:00PM and took a taxi over to the second train station to catch my next train. After I got inside, I went upstairs to purchase a ticket, as my train was departing at 1:30PM. Then, I went downstairs to grab a footlong Seafood Delight sandwich at Subway. Call it habitual stubborness on my part, but I am forever partial to this particular sandwich, and I refuse to eat any of the other sandwiches there. The workers behind the counter were slow as molasses, and I worried that I might not catch the train, but I was wrong. I grabbed my sandwich after paying the cashier, checked the time, and decided that I had time to make a pit stop before boarding the train. I only use the bathrooms on the train if I have to, because they're cramped, nasty, and they smell. After that, I took the escalator back upstairs, and, with five minutes to share, got on my second train.

After the train pulled off, I took my footlong sandwich out of the bag, unwrapped it, and proceeded to chow down. I was only going to be on the train for approximately 20 minutes, 15 minutes at best, so I ate it with zest and relish. It wasn't as good as it should have been, but it didn't make me sick, so I suppose it was suitable for human consuption. Before I knew it, it was time to get off. While walking down the stairs, I had the bad fortune of being behind an old lady who reminded me of a turtle, but hey, it was all good, and I made the bus I needed to get on to go to the doctor's office. After about a 20 minute ride(I was having fun sightseeing), I arrived at my doctor's office.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how nice the neighborhood was. I've lived where I live now almost my whole life, but this is one area of the city that I've never been in before. I have an old friend who doesn't drive and who is an expert on neighborhoods, so I asked him what the neighborhood was like. He told me it was very nice there, and he was right. Very bright, and very busy, bustling with activity.

After I arrived, I stopped by the cafeteria and picked up a bottle of pop(traveling makes you thirsty). I eyed a big slice of yellow cake that clearly had my name on it, but decided against it.

I called my husband to let him know I arrived safely. Then, after yet another pit stop, I went upstairs to my doctor's office. The waiting room was filled with other people waiting to see their doctors. I signed the check in sheet, picked out a couple of magazines to read, and sat down.

Soon after, I was summoned by on of the front desk staff members to fill out some paperwork since it was my first time coming to the new office. It was like four or five pages, and some of the questions were quite personal in nature, but it was relevant. I fibbed on one particular question, however. I handed it back to her and sat back down.

Then I saw a young couple come in with a newborn, and my heart, like it always does, and plus, me being a female, and a softie at heart, melted like butter in a skillet. We struck up a conversation, and I found out that the baby was 7 weeks old. I mean, this baby was as new as can be. I shared some of my advice, me being an experienced mother. Boy, I did not envy them. Going thru that again: the sleepless nights, the sleep dep, etc. Whew! Our daughter is a little older, and sleeps thru the night with the exception of her getting up for a bottle, but at least she doesn't sleep all day and she's up all night like she was when she was a newborn. Also, if she's sick, or teething, she gets up in the middle too, but for the most part, she knows that daytime is for playing, and nighttime is for sleeping! Thank God!

After the doctor visit, I called my husband to let him know I was on the way home. Then, I hopped the bus and came home.

Tuesday, because our daughter was up due to her teething, I didn't get that much sleep, and as a result, I woke up with a killer headache. At 6:00AM, no less. After a diaper change and some children's ibuprofen, we both went back to sleep. I woke up around 10:00AM, still feeling like crap because of the headache, so I took some aspirin, and I woke her up at 11:00AM. The headache went away for a while, but later on, it returned. I didn't feel like doing much of anything, so that's why I didn't blog yesterday.

Hopefully, with the length of today's blog, I made up for it, and I am happy to report that due to my husband's help, and some more aspirin with dinner like last, I am headache free. Last night, when I heard our daughter gritting her teeth, I gave her a tsp of children's ibuprofen before bed. That and a bottle, and we both slept like babies!

Talk soon!

No comments: